Friday, January 25, 2013

A Phlight For Sasha......Let Me Introduce You To Him!

Folks that no me know I am normally one to do blog posts to try to advocate for orphaned children that I personally have met because they are reached down to the depth of my heart and shouted I am ready to be home.  After we lost Sergiy who we went to adopt last winter in Ukraine, he could not bare to leave his life behind in Ukraine and decided to stay.  I knew in my heart we had lost him before we got there but we still went knowing God said "GO".  After he said no, we returned once again for him to have him say no once more and not be able to leave behind his known life.   For myself it was no different then my own child dying.  No nice way to put it accept I was a freaking disaster and just wanted to lay in bed in my pj's and cry and paste myself to the sofa and not leave hoping this was all a dream and it would go away and we would bring Sergiy home.   And I did exactly that.  Even Joe could not un-glue me from the sofa.  In the midst of this I promised New Horizons For Children I would do interviews in several orphanages before we left to Ukraine for Sergiy.  So I removed my carcass off the sofa and vowed with Joe never to adopt in Ukraine again, never to adopt without hosting (although we had hosted Sergiy and I met him on a team trip), never to adopt period then as time progressed to never adopt a girl, never to adopt a girl from Ukraine and never to adopt special needs.  HEHE!  Ok why to I add that all in there.....because Gods plan and mine were very different.  God showed me who is boss.  I have a beautiful daughter from Ukraine who is a ray of sunshine and a bright light.  I have a son with special needs who stole my heart at hello and well as you all know they are both from Ukraine.  So God not only showed me once but twice after losing Sergiy.  We can think all we want what we think we want but that might not always be what we get or what God knows is best for us.   How do ya like them apples?  OK so where am I going with all this jabber you ask?...............I know now why I was on that trip although Sergiy said no......it was for the Max's I have in the previous post.....for the Kolya's like my son.......for the boy I have pasted here.  When I interviewed the kids for NHFC on that trip and literally trying to keep myself together right before I interviewed because Sergiy had just said no a second time, two children who are now adopted by our best friends now I met and interviewed.  As they walked out of the interview Alex screamed "I want to go to America"!  Well he is here, alive and well and with his family!  PRAISE THE LORD!  God glorified and his work done!  Amen to that!  Did I see that coming in the loss and pain I was soon to bare losing Sergiy.  Not a chance.  I met Max who asked me to find him a family.  I still remember the look in that boys eyes he was my last interview before coming back to America minus one and I knew the trip had not been a wash and that I had to fight for the ones that had no voice to get the word out over here on the US side that wanted a family and were willing to trust and commit and let go of everything they knew to gamble a chance with a family into the unknown with the hope of a forever family of love and care and never being tossed to the wayside.  So this leads me to my post here.  I have not met this boy below but many of my friends have.  Multiple friends have asked my friend Amy McCoy and I to push him.  He has reached into the hearts very strongly of our friends that have traveled and have met him doing missions work in Ukraine.  He has struck a cord and he wants to leave his past and have a future in a family with love and care.  He is a Max and is ready to let go and hoping for something better on the other side.  Max has a family right now on the move for him AMEN!!!  Now Sasha is timing out and his time is near in November 2013 he will not longer be able to be adopted.  Below is a post about Sasha from all the letters we have received about him  from friends and even from him  to our friends.  Please take a look and lets bounce this young man and find his forever family!  Time is short and we need to do a call to action before too late!  

Please meet Sasha!

 Sasha K.



Have you ever seen a more handsome face?  But the amazing thing about Sasha is what is on the inside.  He is a poet and deep thinker and longs for a family.  I just know that God has one for him and it is my goal to share him with as many people as possible until his mama and daddy see him are are moved in their hearts to go and bring this precious, sweet boy home.  What a tremendous blessing he will be to his family!  All he wants is to belong and to love and be loved.  Please read and share far and wide and help Sasha to come home.  His very life depends on it.  He is 15 and will age out of the orphanage system November 14, 2013.  With no where to go.  No skills or connections to help him find a job.  And no family to help him become a man... 
 Sasha (in the red shirt) with other children, learning how to do "the wave", a break dance move.
 From Tiffany, who participated in a mission trip to Sasha's orphanage last year:
He talked to us about really wanting a family. We call him Acrobat Sasha because he did several back flips off the playground equipment. During our last trip, he was quiet at first and stayed in the back. But he was always there. He opened up after a short while and then wanted to hold our hands and give us hugs. I've written to him several times and I've attached a letter I got back.  He is in the first picture and his letter is on page two, he is a poet!  He has been at the orphanage for seven years.  It seems like everyone who goes there and meets him falls in love with him.
Letter to Tiffany from a caregiver at Sasha's orphanage:
 Dear Tiff,
 I`ve got your Package yesterday in the morning. All the boys were happy to get your letters and gifts! Thank you for the gift for me too, I liked it very much =)! I brought the boxes to boys and I plan to bring the socks next weekends for girls and boys.
The little Vova was so excited, that he even didn`t understand what`s happened, but a little later he came and jumped on me with a big smile. Can you imagine? I have NEVER seen him so happy =)!
 I send you a picture where Sasha and Iliya were reading and discovering your letters/boxes with gifts


                  Sasha (in the green shirt) and Ilya opening their gifts mentioned in the letter above.

Letter to Tiffany from Sasha:
I`ve spent 7 years in orphanage. My Birthday is in November 14. I don`t have parents and I would like you to become my mother and I would like to have Iliya as my brother. If you want you can adopt us.

I love you as a bird loves heaven
I love you as sun loves Earth
I love you as you love me.

Your friend, Sasha K.

 
Would be an amazing son or what???  So much love to give but no family to give it to...

The following is from my friend Sabrina, who also participated on a mission trip to Sasha's orphanage:
I can tell you that several of our team members from our March trip fell in love with this kind and sweet young man. (He loves to do flips and is an excellent acrobat. There are several Sashas here so the orphanage friends and prayer warriors, we refer to him as "Sweet Acrobat Sasha").  Today I met up with another mission team I had served with on my first trip - I didn't know he knew them, but he was very happy to spend time with them. They also spoke volumes of good things about Sasha, confirming what I already knew and had heard from so many others.  Adoptive families have also noticed this special kid and although they weren't able to bring him home with them, are praying and trying to find a family for him.


This summer we had the opportunity to talk to some of the orphanage workers and they tell us he is a VERY good boy. He wants to be adopted very badly and has been clear about letting his desire be known to others. I have been told by orphanage workers and those who minister at the orphanage regularly that for years he has been asking if there is a family for him ... if anyone knows of a family for him ...  I have been told that he is truly an orphan - truly alone - with no siblings, family, relatives or visitors.  

From what I have observed, he longs for attention and affection (loves hugs and melts when I give him a kiss on the forehead) but does not seek it out. He often stands off to the side, or is around - the younger ones and those more assertive about trying to get attention / affection are the first ones you will see - unless you step back and see this sweet boy watching ... wanting to be a part of things. When invited in, or when time is made to talk with him - he really enjoys it. He gives eye contact , smiles and has always been very respectful towards me.



He seeks out interaction and comes to visit when mission teams are there. He enjoys being around people and even when lessons are geared towards younger children he will often hang around ... to be close and loves when he is invited to help out. He is not at all clingy - just has a strong desire to connect.
From what I have observed, he is a very good leader - though more the quiet strong type - the kids look up to him and he is respected (not feared).  He spends quite a bit of time with the younger kids - they look up to him as he is like a big brother to them. When he was sick and in the hospital they were concerned and would say how much they missed him.



Sasha seems to enjoy the responsibility of helping and is eager is please. He is a great acrobat, loves playing soccer, listening to music and is interested in cars (would like to draw / design cars one day).  

What has gotten to my heart the most this trip is catching him watch us or another adoptive family - and seeing the longing that he has.  Time is of the essence as he turned 16 in November (2013).  Thank you for praying for Sasha and for sharing him as you are able.

  Notice how he is holding someone's hand here.  Melt my heart!
Sasha being a teen and having been rejected like all orphans he will need a consistent, firm and loving family that is equipped to help him deal with his emotional needs and loss.  For more information about Sasha and his needs please inquire.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a family for Sasha to step up soon! So glad you you keep advocating for kids. We too had a hosted boy say no, but we knew he would when he was with us. Still didn't change our grieving for two months.

    ReplyDelete