After writing my last blog post yesterday our family went into prayer seeking the Lord and asking him to show us his will for Taylor and our family. Again there is no question in our minds whatsoever we are to adopt her but our prayer yesterday was different. Not one of questioning if we are to adopt her but is this the right time. Grantide the timing all lines up with our dossier in country, nothing expired everything ready to go. TODAY our USCIS just arrived in the mail with all the right updates reflecting us adopting a special needs child to cover her HIV. Homestudy should be here Monday or Tuesday then it all ships off to Eastern Europe to get a date to travel. It is becoming surreal in how fast this is moving and we are mentally and paper wise ready to go but financially not. So we prayed that if the Lords will is for us to go get her in 6 months or even a year so we have time to save then we will. We want God to be in control of this and orchestrating it and not of our own will. We are not ABLE to do this alone. We can be muscle strong all we want but we are incapable of this adoption or raising Taylor without the grace of God. Our hearts desire is to run for her now. God has made the doors available and opened them so wide the hinges are busting off to make it clear for us to go but this is the one division between us and her....sadly money. If someone where to slap 25K on the table in front of us we would be out the door before you could even blink. So this is the struggle we are trying to be logical in that we cannot do a magic trick and pop these funds out of a hat but again God cannot be put in a box and he does not need magic nor a hat to make funds appear. Where am I going with all this....after our prayer I melted myself into the bath tub in just quiet time and surrendering to the pain I endured riding my road bike for Taylor wearing my awesome Eastern Europe get up and realizing the butt padding was not that good. But I was also in a just quiet space in my mind and feeling God telling us to push on even though we don't see what we need to get there and I just remember being so humbled by it all and not having a clue on how to process what I was feeling. So God your telling me we don't have the money to go get her and we are willing wait to go get her in the course of the year if need be but praying she is not moved to an institution and your telling me to push on like it is all taken care of?
So last night I wrote a letter to my sister, Denise and my dear friend DeAnna explaining where we were at and not knowing but just surrendering it all to God because this is all so much bigger then us. OK folks I am a Christian but also a jokester if you know me. I emailed my dad asked him if he had any ideas how to raise 26K in a month without selling a kidney or drugs. He was all out of answers on how to and he apologized. LOL! Love having a humorous father too. I blame him for my wrong behaviors. Anyhow I get an email this morning from my sister saying funds just deposit through Reece's Rainbow and you didn't have to sell drugs. Sorry the humor runs throughout the family. At this moment we do not know who has made donations towards Taylor's adoption but I will tell you this WE CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH.......with our prayer yesterday and just being lost and surrendering it all to God knowing we only had a $350.00 dent towards a 26K adoption for Taylor it may be seem small but it is large to us! SO PLEASE TAKE OUR SINCERE THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE who has made any donations towards her adoption. We have a long ways to go in a short month but as long as God swings those doors on open we will keep moving forward to Taylor in hopes that we do not have to wait a year to go get her.
AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THE FOLKS THAT ARE HELPING US MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND FOR YOUR SINCERE PRAYERS FOR US NOW AND IN ADVANCE WHEN WE BRING HER HOME!